WWMMW? What Will Meghan Markle Wear? Wedding Dress Predictions
WWMMW? Otherwise known as "What will Meghan Markle wear" at her royal wedding to Prince Harry?
We are officially one month away from the biggest wedding of the year, and the world is waiting to see what the bride wears down the aisle! BRIDES Magazine asked a team of wedding designers to sketch gowns that they believe the princess to be should wear, and while I love the look of some of these drawings, I want to weigh in and give my own personal predications.
Here is what I think we can expect from the American Princess Bride!
5 Wedding Dress Predictions for Meghan Markle
1. Meghan Markle will not go fully strapless or showcase a deep V neckline. While I do believe that she would have done something modern and just a touch sexy if she were to marry an American commoner, MM will adhere to the traditions of England and she will show respect for the church and Mer Majesty by covering up both her decollage. We may see an off the shoulder style, as predicted by a number of designers, but I think that she is going to be more conservative than she normally would and cover her shoulders at the daytime wedding ceremony. I can see her being a bit more daring as night with a change of dress.
2. There will be fullness at the base of the dress. I am hoping for an overskirt, because I think that would be such a stunning, modern touch. And part of me is dying for a full skirt, because we have not seen a real ballgown on a royal bride in a long, long time. But I don't necessarily see MM going for something so traditional! Whether with a detachable skirt or a full one, I do believe that there will be volume at the bottom of the wedding dress. I see a modified A Line or a trumpet bottom dress on Prince Harry's future wife.
3. A Veil. This is a must, and I guarantee that MM will wear a long veil on her walk down the aisle. I don't know if a blusher is in her future, although I do love a blusher for the added drama! I predict that the veil will be long, simple, and clean. There will not be a lot of hight or fuss to this element of the dress.
4. Sumptuous Fabric. Yes, it is a daytime wedding and yes it is spring, but don't expect any light fabric for this affair! The soon to be princess' dress will be made of silk, satin, or a light wool gazar. The fabric of the dress is going to be very important, because it is what gives the dress it's structure.
5. Embellishment. If there is any embellishment, it will be lace. Or there may be a nod to Princess Diana with either a bow or a sleeve. What we won't see is anything overt during the day, meaning that there will be no crystals, no feathers, and no fur. The detailing will be classical and elegant.
Enjoy these sketches from the world's top designers and we wait just 30 more days to see what America's princess wears down the aisle! What do YOU think Meghan Markle should wear? Leave your comments below.